Apprenticeship Open Evening 2022
National Apprenticeship Week: Monday 07 - Friday 11 February 2022
We are continuing to build an exciting careers programme at schools within the trust. Part of this is a drive that all students, from Year 7 to Year 13, are aware of all the options potentially open to them after they finish at school. It is never too soon to start learning the exciting options available, and students can begin to understand which options might be best for them.
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week (#NAW2022) from Monday 7 to Friday 11 February 2022, our schedule of plans included:
- Teachers showing videos about apprenticeships relating to their subjects.
- Daily videos of apprentices sharing their experience of being an apprentice – via Google Classroom.
- An apprenticeship quiz which was completed during Tutor time on Friday 18 February 2022.
- The Maiden Erlegh Trust Virtual Apprenticeship Parent Information Evening on Monday 7 February 2022
If you would like to watch the videos which were shared with each year group, and also discover more information for parents, you can find videos and document links here.
Apprenticeship Resource Bank
The presentations and resources mentioned below have been specifically designed for parents to help you to become equipped with the knowledge to confidently discuss the apprenticeship route as a viable option available to young people, either at post-16 or post-18. It may also be helpful to start having discussions with younger students about the merits of embarking on the apprenticeship route.
- A Guide to Searching for Apprenticeships for Parents
- A range of current apprentices sharing their experiences regarding life at Thales
- The Essential Guide to Apprenticeship Support
We also shared the following presentations with students via their Google Classroom pages:
- An Introduction to Apprenticeships for Students
- A Guide to Searching for Apprenticeships for Students
If you have any queries or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.