Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
CURRICULUM LEADER OF SCIENCE
- MPR/UPR + TLR 1a (£8,706) plus 3 year recruitment retention allowance £3,000 per annum
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading are currently looking for a Curriculum Leader of Science.
In addition to the requirements of a main scale/UPR teacher the role will include:
- Sharing strategic leadership of the science team as directed by Head of Science.
- Creating and developing appropriate schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment tools, considering the needs of all students.
- Implementing school policies relevant to the subject, including those relating to behaviour, homework and assessment.
- Ensuring that monitoring and evaluation is effective in terms of staff performance, academic standards and the personal development and wellbeing of the students.
- Act as a model of best practice to other colleagues and work closely with the Curriculum Leader in driving up progress and achievement for all students.
- Working with other leaders to produce a Team Development Plan to address the identified priorities and to feed into Department plans. Directing the contributions of curriculum responsibility post holders according to individual expertise.
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety requirements within the subject area.
- Any other duties that reasonably fall within the purview of the post which may be allocated after consultation with the post holder.
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading is an ambitious, over-subscribed 11-16 secondary school in an urban context which is as committed to the welfare of students and staff as it is our high-quality education. Our school benefits from excellent, modern facilities and teaching spaces and we are very proud of our vibrant, diverse and engaging students who work hard and have high aspirations. To learn more about our school, visit our website www.maidenerleghschoolreading.co.uk