Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
- In half day sessions during exam periods (May/June)
- Grade 3, SP5 (£13.88 enhanced hourly rate)
We are currently looking for invigilators to join our school and to become instrumental in supporting its continuous growth.
Invigilators create the conditions for our students to perform at their very best in their exams. The successful candidates must be punctual and reliable, have strong interpersonal skills and a calm, organised attitude, be a committed team player and have a good eye for detail. Basic IT skills are also essential. The role of an invigilator is highly regulated and full training will be provided.
The main duties and responsibilities of an invigilator include:
- Setting up exam rooms in accordance with JCQ regulations and guidelines.
- Starting and finishing each allocated examination in accordance with JCQ regulations and guidelines.
- Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with procedures.
- Ensuring that the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is returned.
- Collection and collation of all scripts.
Invigilation work is available in half-day sessions both mornings and afternoons. You must be available during May and June as a minimum, though we run exams in other terms too. We prefer applicants to be available several days a week during exams periods.
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading is an ambitious, over-subscribed 11-16 secondary school in an urban context which is as committed to the welfare of students and staff as it is our high-quality education. Our school benefits from excellent, modern facilities and teaching spaces, and we are very proud of our vibrant, diverse and engaging students who work hard and have high aspirations.
The successful applicant will be energetic and enthusiastic and enjoy working with 11-16-year olds. You will enjoy nurturing young people to grow in confidence and flourish personally. You will share our inclusive values and you will have a willingness to develop your own practice in line with our ethos of continuous improvement.
To learn more about our school, visit our website www.maidenerleghschoolreading.co.uk. If you would like to know more about this role, please contact the school directly.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.