Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
Teaching Assistant x2
- 31 hours per week (TTO + 5 Inset)
- Grade 3, SP5 (£15,461)
We are now looking for a 2 x Teaching Assistants at Maiden Erlegh School in Reading.
Day to day responsibilities will be varied but will include:
- Providing day to day support to the classroom teacher and assisting with pupils’ development and to behaviour.
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model.
- To encourage pupils to develop a range of learning skills, including encouraging them to make oral contributions in lessons and to engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work within a team working environment.
- Calm under pressure and adaptable.
- A caring and positive attitude, a good listener and sensitive to pupils needs.
The successful applicant will enjoy working with 11-18-year-olds. You must be adaptable and willing to be involved in all aspects of school life, have a calm manner and be able to work as part of team. You will share our inclusive values of “opportunity, diversity and success for all” and you will have a willingness to develop your own practice in line with our ethos of continuous improvement.
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading is an ambitious, over-subscribed 11-16 secondary school in an urban context which is as committed to the welfare of students and staff as it is our high-quality education. Our school benefits from excellent, modern facilities and teaching spaces and we are very proud of our vibrant, diverse and engaging students who work hard and have high aspirations.
In return, you will be joining our supportive team of tenacious, optimistic and talented teachers, who have the support of an experienced leadership team.
Being part of the Maiden Erlegh Trust also offers a range of career opportunities across our schools. For our teaching team we offer a flexible CPD programme which staff can tailor to their own needs which includes coaching and training for new entrants to the profession and to support career returners.
We have a proven track record of supporting ambitious staff in to middle and senior leadership posts and can offer opportunities to broaden your impact on the sector through the work of the Maiden Erlegh Institute. We are very happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part-time working and job-sharing.
To learn more about our school, visit our website www.maidenerleghschoolreading.co.uk.
If you would like to have an informal chat with our hiring manager about this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.