Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
CURRICULUM LEAD IN MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES
- 1.0 FTE
- MPR/UPR + TLR2c (£7,368) + 3 year recruitment allowance £2,000 pa
We are looking for a Curriculum Lead in Modern Foreign Languages at Maiden Erlegh School in Reading. The successful applicant will be required to teach French and Spanish. We are looking for a candidate who is energetic and enthusiastic and enjoys working with 11-16 year olds. You will enjoy nurturing young people to grow in confidence and flourish personally. You will share our inclusive values and you will have a willingness to develop your own practice in line with our ethos of continuous improvement.
Responsibilities would include:
- The engagement of students and staff with the Trust values and ethos.
- The implementation of school and Trust policy and regulations regarding behaviour, classroom routines, presentation of self and work, attitudes to learning and punctuality.
- Sharing strategic leadership of the school with other middle and senior leaders and attending, and participating positively in, relevant meetings and discussions.
- Adopting a collaborative approach with other middle leaders to ensure that teaching, learning and assessment as well as behaviour management are consistently led across the school.
- Implementing school policies relevant to the subject including those relating to behaviour, homework and assessment.
- Contributing to departmental recruitment and induction in a timely way, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met.
- Contributing to team meetings so that the focus is on classroom practice and staff development in line with the Department Development Plan and School Improvement Plan.
- To contribute to the continuing professional development of staff in Modern Foreign Languages at curriculum meetings and as part of the whole school CPD cycle.
- Leading whole school CPD as appropriate.
- Contributing to Department Development Plans to address the identified priorities and to feed into the School Improvement Plan.
- The setting of appropriate appraisal objectives and the support of teachers in their work towards those objectives.
- The organisation and evaluation of departmental events eg: walk through mocks, theme days STEM activities.