Maiden Erlegh School
- In half day sessions during exam periods (May/June)
- Grade 3, SP5 (£13.88 enhanced hourly rate)
We are currently looking for invigilators to join our school and become instrumental in supporting its continuous growth.
Invigilators create the conditions for our students to perform at their very best in their exams. The successful candidates must be punctual and reliable, have strong interpersonal skills and a calm, organised attitude, be a committed team player and have a good eye for detail. Basic IT skills are also essential. The role of an invigilator is highly regulated and full training will be provided.
The main duties and responsibilities of an invigilator include:
- Setting up exam rooms in accordance with JCQ regulations and guidelines.
- Starting and finishing each allocated examination in accordance with JCQ regulations and guidelines.
- Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with procedures.
- Ensuring that the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is returned.
- Collection and collation of all scripts.
Invigilation work is available in half-day sessions both mornings and afternoons. You must be available during May and June as a minimum though we run exams in other terms too. We prefer applicants to be available several days a week during exams periods.
Maiden Erlegh School is an over-subscribed secondary school which is as committed to the welfare of students and staff as it is our high standards. One of the privileges of joining our school is working with our dynamic, ambitious and positive students. Another privilege is joining our team of optimistic, talented and supportive colleagues, and particularly our very successful Exams team.
The successful applicant will enjoy working with 11-18-year olds. You must be adaptable and willing to be involved in all aspects of school life, have a calm manner and be able to work as part of team. You will share our inclusive values and you will have a willingness to develop your own practice in line with our ethos of continuous improvement.
To learn more about our school, please visit www.maidenerleghschool.co.uk. If you would like to know more about this role, please contact the school directly.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.