Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge
- In half day sessions during exam periods (May/June)
- Grade 3, SP5 (£13.88 enhanced hourly rate)
We are currently looking for invigilators to join our school and to become instrumental in supporting its continuous growth.
Invigilators create the conditions for our students to perform at their very best in their exams. The successful candidates must be punctual and reliable, have strong interpersonal skills and a calm, organised attitude, be a committed team player and have a good eye for detail. Basic IT skills are also essential. The role of an invigilator is highly regulated, and full training will be provided.
The main duties and responsibilities of an invigilator include:
- Setting up exam rooms in accordance with JCQ regulations and guidelines.
- Starting and finishing each allocated examination in accordance with JCQ regulations and guidelines.
- Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with procedures.
- Ensuring that the examination room is clear and tidied for the next session and that equipment is returned.
- Collection and collation of all scripts.
Invigilation work is available in half-day sessions both mornings and afternoons. You must be available during May and June as a minimum, though we run exams in other terms too. We prefer applicants to be available several days a week during exams periods.
Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge is proud to celebrate its ‘Good’ Ofsted outcome. This is a fantastic reflection of just how far the school has come in recent years and recognises all the work done by our staff. It is also testament to the hard work, maturity and energy of our students, and the support of our parent community. We are a small school but with a big heart. Since joining the Maiden Erlegh Trust in 2018 the school has seen a marked change in its fortunes and is now known for its calm classrooms, strong focus on behaviour and well-developed teaching and learning.
The successful applicant will be energetic and enthusiastic and enjoy working with 11-16-year olds. You will enjoy nurturing young people to grow in confidence and flourish personally. You will share our inclusive values of and you will have a willingness to develop your own practice in line with our ethos of continuous improvement.
In return, you will be joining our supportive team of enthusiastic, optimistic and talented Exams department, who have the support of an experienced leadership team.
To learn more about our school, visit our website www.maidenerleghchilternedge.co.uk. If you would like to know more about this role, please contact the school directly.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.