Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
- 31 hours per week (TTO + 5 Inset)
- 24 March 23
- Grade 3, SP5 (£15,461)
We are now looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work at Maiden Erlegh School in Reading.
Day to day responsibilities will be varied but will include:
- Providing day to day classroom support to students, and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have highly effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Have the ability to recognise and manage challenging behaviour
- Work as part of a team or on your own initiative.
- Understand that punctuality is imperative
- Be a hard worker
- Want to and be part of a really supportive Inclusion team
The successful applicant will be energetic and enthusiastic and enjoy working with 11-16-year-olds. You will enjoy nurturing young people to grow in confidence and flourish personally. You will share our inclusive values of “opportunity, diversity and success for all” and you will have a willingness to develop your own practice in line with our ethos of continuous improvement.
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading is an ambitious, over-subscribed 11-16 secondary school in an urban context which is as committed to the welfare of students and staff as it is our high-quality education. Our school benefits from excellent, modern facilities and teaching spaces and we are very proud of our vibrant, diverse and engaging students who work hard and have high aspirations.
In return, you will be joining our supportive, optimistic and talented SEN team who have the support of an experienced leadership team.
We have a proven track record of supporting ambitious staff in to middle and senior leadership posts and can offer opportunities to broaden your impact on the sector through the work of Maiden Erlegh Institute. We are very happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part-time working and job-sharing.
To learn more about our school, visit our website www.maidenerleghschoolreading.co.uk.
If you would like to have an informal chat with our hiring manager about this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.