Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge
Teaching Assistant (fixed term contract)
- 30 Hours per week
- 31 August 22
- Grade 3 SP5 (£13,567)
We are now looking for a Teaching Assistant at Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge for a 12-month fixed term contract.
Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge is a small school but with a big heart. Since joining the Maiden Erlegh Trust in 2018 the school has seen a marked change in its fortunes, so much, so we were delighted by the recent news that we have been judged as a 'GOOD' school following our Ofsted inspection in May 2022. Our school is now known for its calm classrooms, strong focus on behaviour and well-developed teaching and learning. Additionally, we are very proud that our wonderful school was recently been part of a successful bid by the Maiden Erlegh Trust to become one of only 22 behaviour hubs, supporting Schools nationally.
Day to day responsibilities of our Teaching Assistants is varied, but includes:
- Providing day to day classroom support to students, and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to engage in activities led by the teacher
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Have highly effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Have the ability to recognise and manage challenging behaviour
- Work as part of a team or on your own initiative.
- Understand that punctuality is imperative
- Be a hard worker
- Want to and be part of a really supportive Inclusion team
The successful applicant will be energetic and enthusiastic and enjoy working with 11-16-year olds. You will enjoy nurturing young people to grow in confidence and flourish personally. You will share our inclusive values of “opportunity, diversity and success for all".
We are very happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part-time working and job-sharing.
If you would like to have an informal chat with our hiring manager about this post, please email email@example.com.